Winter 2021/22

12 Posts
6 Users
3 Likes
Swiss Alpine Adventure
(@swissalpineadventure)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter

For anyone interested, some of the events for winter 2021/22 are already posted on the events page. More will be added in the near future. So for those of you who want an endless winter at least you can get planning for next year. 🙂

Swiss Outdoor Sports events for an international audience

Posted : 07/05/2021 12:56 pm
Fred
(@judgefred)

Hi Swiss Alpine Adventure,

Can you tell me what level of skiing is required to be able to attend your winter skiing events? Are snowboarders allowed to join in? (asking for a friend!)

Posted : 13/09/2021 1:46 pm
Swiss Alpine Adventure
(@swissalpineadventure)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter

@judgefred Hi and welcome, 

For most of our events, you will need to be at least a somewhat competent skier on the piste. The level 1 avalanche course can be done on snowshoes but is also a way to get a taste of ski touring. So if you can comfortably ski on a red or black piste and have tried making your first turns off-piste then you should be ok with the basic avalanche course and the introduction to off-piste skiing. 

For our weekends away you should be somewhat comfortable skiing in off-piste terrain as there is usually no possibility to return to the piste on these events. They may also involve some ski touring so going uphill under your own steam. 

We will run a few beginner ski tours during the winter where you should be able to ski in easy off-piste terrain and use these as an opportunity to try out ski touring for the first time. 

Snowboards are allowed on the weekends away and some of the ski tours, but you should have a split board and be quite a competent snowboarder. 

I hope this helps and we will see you on some events this winter. 

Posted : 14/09/2021 8:12 am
Fred
(@judgefred)

Posted by: @swissalpineadventure

@judgefred

We will run a few beginner ski tours during the winter where you should be able to ski in easy off-piste terrain and use these as an opportunity to try out ski touring for the first time. 

Snowboards are allowed on the weekends away and some of the ski tours, but you should have a split board and be quite a competent snowboarder. 

So could I bring my partner who is a snowboarder on one of the beginner ski tours if she has a split board?

Posted : 14/09/2021 8:36 am
Swiss Alpine Adventure
(@swissalpineadventure)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter

@judgefred Yes, that should be ok. But she should be somewhat comfortable snowboarding beside the piste in the resort. 

Posted : 14/09/2021 9:46 am
Jeff
(@coloradodreamer)

I can't wait for winter. Do you also do one day backcountry ski trips? I'd love to get out into the mountains as soon as the snow comes.

Posted : 14/09/2021 2:26 pm
Swiss Alpine Adventure
(@swissalpineadventure)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter

Hi @coloradodreamer,

Some of this winters events are already on the events page, the one-day ski tours will start to appear as soon as winter comes. I will be meeting the guide that runs the ski tours next week and maybe after that I will already put up some of the one-day ones once we've got some of the plans finalised. 

Posted : 14/09/2021 6:03 pm
John
(@basilfawlty)

I can't wait.

Posted : 15/09/2021 2:46 pm
Swiss Alpine Adventure
(@swissalpineadventure)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter

For anyone thinking about getting into ski touring this winter you can find something to ponder here:

https://swissalpineadventure.com/2021/10/ski-touring-is-it-for-me/

Posted : 18/10/2021 9:53 pm
Karin
(@kaso)

It was fun to get the winter properly started today.

20cm new Snow and sometimes some sunshine in Savognin ? 

Hoping for lots more of these days!

Cheers,

Karin

20220106143150 IMG 8067 01 01

Posted : 06/01/2022 10:01 pm
Melissa
 Mel
(@mel)

@kaso Are there many people skiing in Savognin? It's not a resort I've heard much about. Are the slopes nice there and is there much off-piste to explore?

Posted : 11/01/2022 8:51 pm
Karin
(@kaso)

@mel 

In Savognin there is something for everyone. It is a family area, but it does not get too full so the pistes are nice. There is also some possibilities for easy freeriding and touring if you are good with maps and can choose the areas suitable for the day and conditions you are there.

Cheers,

Karin

Posted : 23/01/2022 8:14 pm
Share: