Clear all

Windsurfing Rental/Coaching Sessions

37 Posts
8 Users
7 Likes
533.9 K Views
visnja
(@visnja)

Hey Dave, I would like to sometimes come and join for the windsurfing sessions so add me on any notifications. Visnja

Posted : 17/06/2021 8:56 pm
Dave reacted
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)

Some pics from last nights rental session. The next one will be in August and is already open for bookings on the events page. 

GOPR7052 1625257711802 01
GOPR7048 1625257711802 01
GOPR7036 1625257711802 01
GOPR7041 1625257711802 01
GOPR7035 1625257711802 01

Looking forward to seeing you all on the water again soon. 

A sociable outdoor sports freak who enjoys getting out on the mountains and lakes as often as possible.

Posted : 03/07/2021 5:00 pm
Anastasia reacted
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a good July and I'm looking forward to getting back on the water with you soon. I've been wanting to create a video to help you improve your windsurfing skills, but finding time has been difficult lately. In the meantime, I've discovered this video that might be of some interest/help before your next session on the water. 

Regards,

Dave

A sociable outdoor sports freak who enjoys getting out on the mountains and lakes as often as possible.

Posted : 04/08/2021 10:41 am
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)

Hi Everyone,

For this Saturdays coaching day I am looking at using an alternative spot if the weather forecast stays as it is. The spot  I am thinking of using should get some Thermal wind which means it should start very light or no wind and pick up over the course of the day being strongest in the afternoon. The location I am thinking about is not a strong wind location, but more one where we should get enough wind in the afternoon to start picking up a little speed and practicing the skills already learned a bit more dynamically.

I will need to know how many of you are interested though to see if I need to get rent a trailer or not for the event.

The location I am thinking about is Sihlsee which can be reached in just over an hour by public transport from Zurich and a little bit more from Zug via Thalwil.

Euthal SBB

Currently it is looking like there should be good weather which will hopefully mean that the thermal wind in Sihlsee will develop and give us a good opportunity for a coaching day there. Please let me know if you are interested or sign up via the normal means.

Regards,

Dave.

Posted : 10/08/2021 9:41 am
Swiss Alpine Adventure
(@swissalpineadventure)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to plan some coaching sessions for the Autumn if there is enough interest. To this effect, I have created a private Doodle Poll where you can say which dates you might be interested in having a windsurfing session. This poll is not the reservation, it is for me to try and get an idea of what days the most people might be interested and then I will create the events here on the website to sign up once I know which dates might work best. 

https://doodle.com/poll/vmt6a4p8pmixfq53

I would need at least 2 or 3 people to sign up for the events (if/when they are published) to make them work as there is a lot of work in setting up a day on the water. (renting a trailer, getting all the equipment loaded and unloaded, setting up the equipment and then getting it all tidied away at the end of the day) so I would like to try to plan things as much as possible... But for now, I am trying to judge if there might be any interest. 

I will of course provide all the equipment and wetsuits. Our wetsuits should be enough until October and after that the water is probably going to be a little too cold for the winter wetsuits and I will resume in April/May next spring as soon as the water temperature gets over about 12 degrees again. 

I will also be selling any of the equipment we have been using in the coming weeks so if anyone would like any equipment please let me know. 

If you have any feedback, ideas or suggestions to get on the water more please feel free to also post them here. 

Looking forward to seeing you on the water,

Regards,

Dave. 

Swiss Outdoor Sports events for an international audience

Posted : 18/08/2021 9:09 pm
Ania
(@asmereczynska)

Hi Everyone 🙂

who would be in to go for a day or two over the weekend to Silvaplana or Lugano/Locarno area to windsurf?:) in Silvaplana there is live music or party (not sure which one) on Saturday which is a nice finishing of the day 😉 

@Dave, what is the outlook for windsurfing coaching later in September or October?:) 

Posted : 02/09/2021 2:24 pm
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)

@asmereczynska Hi Ania, where did you see about the events in Silvaplana this weekend? I've got something else on on Saturday so can't make it. 

I'm looking at trying to organise a session on the 11th of September and possibly also on the 16th of October if everything works out ok. 

Regards,

Dave.

Posted : 02/09/2021 4:48 pm
Ania
(@asmereczynska)

Hi @Dave 🙂

i saw it on Instagram with a post of music after windsurfing on Silvaplana Instagram page of windsurfing station there. But maybe it’s already gone? 
looking forward to the session in September or October 🙂

p.s. the jibe i was talking about the other day is just carving jibe:p but looks great?????‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Posted : 02/09/2021 9:00 pm
Ania
(@asmereczynska)

Or maybe we can do a small tour de Suisse 😉 Like a two day class and stay in a hostel Or campsite?? in Silvaplana or Lugano/Locarno? 

Posted : 02/09/2021 9:02 pm
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)

Windsurfing coaching session next Saturday! Sign up on the events page! 🙂

Posted : 04/09/2021 10:21 am
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)

Here are some of the videos from last Saturdays session.

@mhstnsc, Looking good. At the start nice positive steering inputs to keep you on course. When leaning the sail forward you could pull your back hand in a little bit, and then let it out as the board turns away from the wind.

Your tack is very nice. You steer into the wind. Get your hand and foot forward before turning into the wind. There is a bit of foot shuffling going on between about 24 and 29 seconds in the video. You could leave your feet where they are until about 25 and then try to get around the mast in one go which would speed things up a little bit. This is something we can concentrate on in the next coaching session.

Sailing away from the tack is very nice, as before you could pull the sail in a little more and really extend the sail forward, but this works. I really like the stance as you sail away with straight arms and your shoulders outside your hips.

@leonardomh13, Nice stance at the beginning of your tack and nice and early getting your front hand to the mast. But, then you go back to the more basic version of the tack. You could keep your position for a lot longer and steer the board through the wind as in the previous video. The board turns smoothly though and you get going quickly and efficiently.

@gabrycasta, Unfortunately, I didn't get a tack from you, but your stance is looking really good. I have the feeling you look at your feet sometimes so try to concentrate on where you are going a little more. You have nice inputs in the sail forwards and backwards to keep you sailing along the line where you want to go. It looks really like you are sailing your course on feel which is super good. I also like how your hips come a bit forward to compensate as the board turns into the wind. Definitely a really good starting point to work on sailing in stronger winds. 

I'll try to put together some better demo videos in the near future, but from this one you can see how I step around the mast as soon as the board comes through the wind. We can work on the hand and foot movements the next time. I should be looking where I am going as soon as I am on the new side of the boom though.

Hopefully this helps.

Posted : 15/09/2021 8:45 pm
Mihai
(@mhstnsc)

@dave great feedback, thank you

Posted : 15/09/2021 10:02 pm
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)

Hi Everyone,

Sorry about the delay in posting the next coaching session. I am waiting to see when I will be 100% definitely available to run it myself. It will either be on the 16th or the 23rd of October. After that we will probably be getting a little cold for the sessions, but if the weather (and water temperature) does remain warm enough to do it we might be able to go a little longer.

Sometimes October can be very warm.

Regards,

Dave.

Posted : 19/09/2021 5:12 pm
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, about not getting back to you. I had been hoping to run a rental/coaching session today, but I only got back this morning so it wasn't possible to set up. I'll keep an eye on the weather and see if it's still possible to squeeze something in if there is still interest. Prerequisites are that water and air temperature are both above 10 degrees so that nobody gets too cold during the session.

Regards,

Dave.

Posted : 16/10/2021 6:19 pm
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you all know that the first windsurf sessions are already ready for booking on the events page now. If those of you who have done some windsurfing in the past would like I will arrange a zoom session in spring just before we go on the water to do a reminder of some of the theory from last year. Let me know if you think this would be something helpful.

Looking forward to getting on the water with you as soon as it gets a bit warmer.

Dave.

Posted : 26/01/2022 6:23 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: