High Alpine Events - Summer 2022

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Swiss Alpine Adventure
(@swissalpineadventure)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter

We are currently trying to judge the interest level (if any) for high alpine events this summer. In the past, we have run events such as the following and we are looking into running such events again this year. If you are interested in high alpine events this summer please let us know and also what kind of events you might be particularly interested in. 

• Introduction to Mountaineering (1st 4000er)
  • Introduction to Glacier Travel
  • Glacier rescue
  • Glacier Trekking

If you feel something is missing from this list feel free to let us know. 

highres 439687802
highres 439687807
highres 440721239

Looking forward to your feedback. 

Swiss Outdoor Sports events for an international audience

Posted : 02/04/2022 2:23 pm
Tom
(@tgovebaker)

I think you've mostly covered it. Perhaps you could add a little alpine climbing, or even a refresher for rope work in the high mountains. For glacier travel when you need to climb or abseil, this would be good. 

Posted : 06/04/2022 6:00 pm
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)

@tgovebaker Hi Tom,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I was away for a few days and have been playing catch-up since.

We are actually in the process of organising a private course for someone along exactly those lines. If there is enough interest I could put such a course on the calendar for the end of August (around the 27/28th).

If I get anyone else asking I'll make it happen. We've done it in the past and it was a lot of fun.

Regards,

Dave

A sociable outdoor sports freak who enjoys getting out on the mountains and lakes as often as possible.

Posted : 24/04/2022 12:24 pm
Tom
(@tgovebaker)

Thanks, Dave. Let me connect with a couple of folks. I'm sure we could drum up sufficient interest. But that timing sounds right. 

Posted : 25/04/2022 7:19 pm
Kimberly
(@kjgilbert)

Hi, I have just come across this page, as I am looking for more alpine experience, and also hoping to find a group to join to summit the Wildhorn (either later this summer/fall, or next summer perhaps). I would also be interested in the type of course you describe in the first post here, but in particular if it was tied to a fun trek. I have done a lot of hiking, but only one previous glacier/alpine tour (Oberaargletscher up to Oberaarjochhütte), and I was looking recently at the Wildhorn, which sounds like the right level of difficulty for me. However I am alone in my interest so would be keen to find a group or tour or guide to make a trip out of this. Thanks in advance for any info or feedback!

Posted : 11/07/2022 5:53 pm
Swiss Alpine Adventure
(@swissalpineadventure)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter

@kjgilbert Hi there and welcome to the group. Sorry about the delay in getting back. I only have intermittent internet access at the moment.

Unfortunately, due to injury, it looks like we have to put our entire summer alpine climbing/trekking season on hold this year. We had hoped to be able to run some events in August/September but I've just discovered this week that this won't be possible. I hope you do find a group where you can get to explore the mountains. Perhaps someone might reply here who is looking to do exactly the same thing. 

Swiss Outdoor Sports events for an international audience

Posted : 17/07/2022 10:57 am
Share: